ST. JOHN’S SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
DEADLINE JUNE 19, 2020
$6,000 in Scholarships are available to youth who are active members of St. John’s
Two St. John’s Scholarships: $3,000.00 each
Deadline is June 19th.
1. Be prepared to get your high school or college transcripts with your GPA. If in high school, transcripts must reflect your class percentile ranking.
2. Type a one-page, double-spaced essay describing your church activities and how “Living God’s Love in the World” plays a role in your life and in pursuit of your professional goals.
3. Type a one-page, double-spaced essay describing your interests, school activities and community service involvement.
4. Type a one-page, double-spaced essay demonstrating your need for financial assistance and how you plan to use the funds; this should involve a family discussion. All applications are confidential and destroyed once the review process is complete.
5. Have a teacher write a letter of recommendation. Have a pastor, church leader (clergy or lay) or other congregational member write a letter of recommendation for you
Send your completed application to:
St. John’s Lutheran Church
1701 L Street
Sacramento, California 95811
Attn: Scholarship Committee