ST. JOHN’S SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Now Accepting Applications!
Two St. John’s Scholarships of $3,000.00 each
DEADLINE May 7, 2021
1. Be prepared to get your high school or college transcripts with your GPA. If in high school, transcripts must reflect your class percentile ranking.
2. Start drafting a typed, one-page double spaced essay describing your church activities and how “Living God’s Love in the World” plays a role in your life and in pursuit of your professional goals.
3. Start drafting a typed, one-page double spaced essay describing your interests, school activities and community service involvement.
4. Start drafting a one-page double spaced essay demonstrating your need for financial assistance and how
you plan to use the funds. This should involve a family discussion. All applications are confidential and destroyed once the review process is complete.
5. Get agreement from a teacher of yours willing to write a letter of recommendation. Get agreement from a pastor, church leader (clergy or lay) or other congregational member who will write a letter of recommendation for you.
Get a head start as time is short and you are busy!
Send your completed application to:
St. John’s Lutheran Church
1701 L Street
Sacramento, California 95811
Attn: Scholarship Committee